Last minute to-do's before you are due
Are you 100% prepared for the arrival of your bundle of joy? Fret not, here's a list for you to complete those last minute things before your life changes forever. Good luck!
So here you are, just a few short days before your due date and anxious as ever. Your baby shower is over, you started your leave from work, and everything seems to be in order for baby to arrive. If you are one of the many unlucky ones who doesn't deliver before or even on their due date, the waiting game is excruciating. So instead of driving yourself mad counting the minutes, check out this last minute to-do list to make sure you are 100% prepared.
- Wash All Baby Clothes- Even if they are brand new from the store, all baby clothes should be washed once before baby wears them. Many people touch these clothes before you buy them and you just never know.
- Sanitize Baby Bottles- This step often gets over looked because we only think about washing bottles after they are visibly dirty. However, like the clothes, the bottles have been touched by many hands.
- Purchase Breastfeeding Pads- Some first time moms aren't even aware that these are necessary, but they very much are. Breastfeeding pads soak up any leftover breast milk or slight leaks between. They are the difference between your shirt having wet stains or not.
- Check Batteries Wherever Applicable- Did your baby swing come with batteries or does it still need them? What about the bouncer? Crib mobile? Don’t just assume that they all came with working batteries. You may find yourself in a jam when you can’t use the swing the moment you need it the most.
- Car Seat Test Run- Install your car seat and make sure it’s tight and secure. Try taking it out and putting it back in such as you will have to do a million times in the next few years. Get comfortable with the process.
- Hospital Bag- Double check to make sure you have everything you need in your hospital bag. Don’t overlook things such as phone charger, camera, batteries, etc. If you are a first time parent, you will probably over pack. That’s okay. Better to have too much than forget something important.
- Relax- Enjoy your last few days of freedom before you have a helpless, dependent little one who consumes all your time and energy. Read a book. Take a nap. Get a massage. Take in the alone time as much as you can. It will be awhile before you get that again.
Here are some related articles: