Overcome gestational diabetes with these steps!
Eight out of 100 pregnancies in Singapore are complicated by gestational diabetes. Here are some tips on how to keep this in control.
- Work with a dietitian to develop a meal plan that will be beneficial to you and your baby.
- Avoid eating sweets, watch the carbs and try to eat frequent meals.
- Fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains all eaten in sufficient amounts are greatly emphasised upon.
- Exercise for about 30 mins a day but also check with your doctor about the right amount of exercise that is appropriate for you.
- Blood sugar should be checked often.
- Take your diabetes meds as prescribed by the doctor.