Quick info: IVF in Singapore
It's expensive and invasive -- but if you are trying to get pregnant, it may work for you. Here is the real deal with IVF in Singapore
In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is expensive and invasive--but if you are trying to get pregnant, it often works.
According to a 2002 report by the Singapore Ministry of Health, 1,569 couples underwent for IVF in Singapore. The majority (around 70%) of them sought treatment in the public hospitals, with the most popular hospital being KK Womens and Childrens Hospital.
The report indicated that the average success rate of IVF in Singapore,treatment ranged from 16% to 28% across the various institutions, with the highest success rates coming from Gleneagles Hospital and National University Hospital.
On average IVF in Singapore costs about $12,000 - $15,000 for the entire medical treatment. This includes the IVF procedure, medication, and the laparascopy.
In Singapore a couple may only commence IVF procedures if there are justified indications for the procedure mainly:
- Tubal disease and/or obstruction
- Endometriosis – failed alternative approaches to treatment
- Idiopathic sub-fertility where no cause to be found after full investigation, at least three years of marriage, and having completed alternative approaches to fertility management for at least one year (this will not apply to female patients over 35 years of age)
- Premature ovarian failure
- Other conditions acceptable to the local medical obstetric/gynaecology community
To see the IVF procedure in 3D, do watch this video: