Huiji Mini Steam bun is a yummy and healthy confinement recipe.
This confinement recipe was shared by one of our mums. We hope you enjoy it!
What you need:
* Plain flour: 300g
* Boiling water: 150g
* Cold water: 30g
* Shortening: 20g
* Minced Pork: 400g
* Chinese cabbage: 200g (chopped, mix with 1 tsp salt for 10 min. Wash and squeeze dry)
* Ginger : 20g (minced)
* Spring onion : 20g (diced)
* Chicken stock: ½ cube
* Pepper : ¼ tsp
* Dark Soya Sauce : ½ tsp
* Light Soya Sauce : ½ tbsp
* Sesame oil : 1 tbsp
* Water : 2 tbsp
* Sugar : 1 tsp
Huiji Waist Tonic: 1 cup (Huiji measuring cup)
What you do:
1. Skin: Sieve plain flour into a mixing bowl, make a well, pour in boiling water and mix quickly using a wooden spoon. Cover and put aside for 10 min. Add cold water and shortening, knead to form soft dough. Covered, leave to rest for 30 min. (as per attached video clip)
2. Filling: Put all ingredients into a large bowl, mix with seasoning till well combined, add Waist tonic, mix and leave to season for 30 min
3. Divide dough into 15g portion, roll into thin round disc. Wrap with fillings and shape into pau.
4. Arrange in a bamboo steamer, steam over high flame for 12 min, remove and serve