Organising a New Year’s party is certainly a lot of fun, and it is a great time to reconnect with your friends and loved ones while you ring in the new year. However, the after party can make your head reel, as your guests can certainly leave a mess behind.
Just the thought of cleaning up after a New Year party is enough to bring chills down our spines, but there’s really no need to stress yourself out by cleaning up the entire mess all at once.
Helpling, the leading online cleaning platform in Singapore has provided some tips on dealing with the after party. Here’s how to clean up without taking the joy out of your New Year festivities.
Before hitting the sack
Even though it may seem like a good idea to leave the cleaning to the next day when you’re feeling more refreshed, there are, however, some tasks that should be done before calling it a night:
- Throw all empty beer cans, disposable cups and any rubbish you can find in the bin. Alcohol has a very pungent smell when it’s old, and it can really create a bad odour if left lying around the house.
- Put any uneaten food back in the fridge. You not only can save the trouble of chucking it in the bin, it will also save you the trouble of cooking the next few days.
- Re-cork any open bottles of wine that haven’t been completely emptied. You want to keep as much air out of the bottle as possible to keep it from turning sour.
- Attend to any spills and stains as soon as possible. It’s always better to treat stains as soon as you spot them to avoid them from becoming more difficult to remove once they dry. Apply stain remover, gently jab and allow to soak. You can then leave the washing to the next day.
- Fill your dishwasher or sink with plates, dishes, cutlery, and glasses to avoid the chance of waking up to an army of ants the next day!
The morning after can ruin the wonderful memories of the party the night before. How can you make your home nice and liveable again? Read on the next page!
The morning after
While the rest of your home may still seem dirty, everything just seems so much more organised and manageable. Here’s how to get started:
- Air your apartment. As soon as you get up, open up the windows and add some orange peel into a few cups of boiling water. The citrus not only helps to absorb the stench, but it also emits its own aroma that smells fresh and clean.
- Collect any other rubbish that hasn’t been cleared up and take them to the bin as soon as possible.
- Throw any fabric napkins and tablecloths that you applied stain remover to the night before, into your washing machine and wash. Now, your napkins and tablecloths would start to look as good as new!
- Most New Year’s parties end with plenty of confetti and not to mention, lots food crumbs, which is difficult to clean up by hand. One of the best tips here is to get out your handy vacuum cleaner. Make sure to pay special attention to the spaces in your sofa and other furniture, beneath and behind the furniture.
By doing a little advance planning and sticking to the checklist above, you can go smoothly through your after party cleaning. But if you need a help, a cleaner can always save you some time while you are nursing a hangover.
If all else fails, we’re giving out voucher code exclusively to theAsianparent readers!
Simply enter the code “TAPAR1” when booking your cleaning with Helpling and get $5 off your cleaning session.
Terms & Conditions:
– Only valid for first time customer
– Only valid for recurring bookings
– Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions
*Voucher expires on the 31st of January 2016