Homemade Nutella Anyone? Here's A Quick And Super-Easy Recipe!
This absolutely hassle free and yummy homemade Nutella will have you craving for more. You are never going to buy this spread ever again!
Nutella is almost everybody's favourite spread, regardless of age. The yummy, nutty, chocolatey spread can be had with anything, and when I say anything I mean absolutely anything. My brother would have dollops of Nutella with chopped bananas. While that combination would make me cringe, I had my own favourite combination of Nutella and potato chips. Drool! Ahem!
So getting back to the point here; it's one food item that's on almost everybody's list of favourites. So how do your react when you come across reports on how it should not be had courtesy the various processed additives and preservatives that go into it? I’m just a mother and not too sure whether or not to believe in every random report that comes up on the web or the news channel. All I know is, I want the best for my child and Nutella is something she loves.
So when I came across this recipe, I heaved a sigh of relief before chucking away the readymade Nutella that was well-hidden in the refrigerator, from my girl’s prying eyes. Now, we could make our own Nutella, and have it too. This recipe is made from just 6-7 ingredients, doesn’t take too long and can be served without any anxiety of harmful additives or preservatives. Cool, isn’t it?
Ingredients for homemade Nutella
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Honey as per taste
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Wrap the roasted hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rub vigorously to remove the loose skin. Let it cool completely.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second bursts. Keep stirring between each burst, until you have smooth and molten chocolate ready. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Grind the roasted hazel nuts in a blender or a food processor until they form a smooth paste.
- Add the oil, honey (start with a little bit of it), cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and continue to process until the mixture is as smooth as possible. Taste a bit to see if it's sweet enough. If not, add more honey to it.
- Add the molten chocolate and blend it with this mixture. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Store it in an airtight container and your homemade healthy and nourishing Nutella spread will last for up to 2 weeks.
Go, go, go, whip out this yummy, nutty spread and surprise your little one by letting him have a no-limit (almost) feast of his favourite item. You can thank us later for this homemade Nutella recipe!
Be sure to check out ParentTown for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from sg.theAsianparent.com!