Delectable recipe for brownie s'mores
Follow recipe for brownie s'mores to make some delicious sweet treats for your young ones. This is sure to be a favourite!
8oz (226.79g) bittersweet chocolate - I used Valrhona 70%
1/2 cup (113.5g) butter, cut into pieces
3/4 cup (150g) sugar - I reduced this by 50%
1/2 cup (62.5g) plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup (77.3g) sour cream, at room temperature
2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste - I used vanilla bean paste
1 cup (89.9g or 7 pieces of 3) Graham cracker
8 large marshmallows
1/2 cup (76g) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips - I used Ghirardelli 60%
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (176.6°C). Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and grease it.
- In a small saucepan, stir butter and chocolate over low heat until melted and well-combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and whisk well. Add the melted chocolate and stir until blended. Add the Graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips and stir gently until well-blended.
- Scrape the batter into the baking pan and spread it as evenly as you can. Bake for 24-26 minutes, until puffed and the centre still jiggles when the pan is gently shaken.
- Cut into 12 or 16 pieces.
Tips from theAsianparent:
- Enjoy this freshly baked brownie with a dollop of ice cream (or two!) in your favourite flavours for a burst of surprise in your mouth. Add fruits such as berries, cherries or grapes for extra Vitamin C!
- Whoever said brownies should only be squares? Prettify them with cute moulds and impress your guests while taking them on a gastronomical journey! Some places to shop for cake moulds and baking supplies: Bake It Yourself, ToTT, Lemon Zest, Sia Huat, Kitchen Capers, Phoon Huat, Amazon.