Father’s Day is a chance to thank dads for all that they do. From saving kids umpteen times from their mum’s wrath, to fixing everything – any time, dads are truly heroes.
So when it comes to celebrating Father’s Day there is no doubt you’d want to make this day special. This year, Father’s Day falls on June 20, which is a Sunday and that means spending quality time with him and showering him with gifts.
But if you haven’t yet zeroed in on a cute Father’s Day gift, fret not. We’ve curated a list of cool Father’s Dar card ideas so you can make him smile ear-to-ear. Get together with the kids and ask them to help you in this project.
Most of these ideas are super easy and we promise, kids will love them!
11 Cool Fathers Day Card Ideas
1. Bear card
Image courtesy: The Best Ideas For Kids
How about surprising dad with this cute adorable card? Make your kids write an adorable message on these cards on why they love their Papa bear so much.
Card stock of different colours, glue, scissors, googly eyes, pompom
- Print out the bear template.
- Cut out the template elements.
- Trace around your template elements for each colour.
- For the bear face, fold your cardstock in half and then trace the face part of the template so that the card will open up.
- Stick the ears.
- Then add the googly eyes and pompom as the nose; and you have your cute little bear card ready!
2. Footprint rocket card
Image courtesy: The Best Ideas For Kids
Stay rest assured as your kid’s little footprints will result in this beauty!
Large white cardstock, red cardstock, paint, glue, scissors
- Press your kid’s foot into the paint and stamp on the white cardstock.
- Cut out 3 triangles for the rocket.
- Add 3 pompoms on the footprints.
- Make your child write the message for their dad beside the rocket.
3. Daddy’s favourite in printables
Here are some great printable ideas to surprise dad. No effort needed, except printing them on a paper or getting them printscreened on dad’s favourite T-shirt.
- Click on the file that best described daddy.
- Get them printed and you’re ready to gift it! Yes, its as simple as that.
4. Tie-shaped survey
Image courtesy: Kiki and Company
Funny answers are a guarantee with this tie-shaped survey.
- Download the tie and print and cut out.
- Or, cut an A4 sized paper in the share of a tie and write all the questions on it.
- Ask your child to fill out the questionnaire.
- Now punch the designated holes and add string, yarn, or ribbon to the tie long enough to tie around their daddy’s neck. Finally, ask dad to read the answers out loud!
5. Isometric font card
Image courtesy: Mini Eco
The isometric font stands out on its own. But it can become all the more special when you add that tinge of neon colour to it.
This is super easy and takes very little time. All you have to do is print them and then customise it with highlighter pens if you want to add your own touch to them.
6. You Are My Sunshine Card
With this bright yellow card, let your kids shower their love on their dad.
White cardstock, googly eyes, marker, scissors, glue
- The template makes this card super easy for kids to create.
- After printing out the template, cut out the sun pieces and clouds from the template.
- Add glue on the ends of each triangle and then stick around the circle to make your sun.
- Next, add the googly eyes to the sun.
- You can use markers to draw a cute little smile and rosy cheeks on the sun.
- Write a personalised note for their dad.
7. Lollipop prize ribbon card
Image courtesy: The house that lars built
Here’s a folded paper medallion adorned with a sweet lollipop and a note of appreciation that your kids can gift their dad. Can it get any sweeter than this?
- Cardstock in various colours
- Scoring tool
- bone folder
- Hot glue gun
- Circle punch, optional
- Pinking shears, optional
- For the medallion, cut 2 strips 2-inches wide by 12-inches long, each in a different colour.
- Take a lollipop and glue it to the centre of the medallion.
- Then use crisp folds and stick them around the medallion.
- Cut additional strips of paper in various widths and add them to the back to hang down below the medallion.
- Make your kids write down a special message for their dads.
8. Printable Father’s Day card
It is a fun way to see your child’s growth in handwriting, vocabulary, and yes creativity, as they fill in the blanks and draw pictures on these cards.
- Ask your kids to answer questions like “My dad is good at…” and “My dad always says…”
- Print this card on heavy cardstock paper so that it is durable and lasts long. And gift it to dad on Father’s Day. Can’t get any more personal than this.
9. Fish handprint card
Image courtesy: Kixcereal
This ocean-inspired card is just the thing that can bring a smile to any dad’s face and certainly is a strong contender for cool fathers day card ideas.
Paint, scissors, pompom craft and white paper
- Use your little one’s hand to then use white strips of paper to mark as scales on the clownfish.
- Make a collage of an underwater scene,
- You can complete with a father and son clownfish.
- Ask your child add their personal message to customise it and present it to dad on D-day!
10. Galaxy card
This is a beautiful card to gift dad on the occasion of Father’s Day. It is a simple heart-shaped galaxy that is sure to bring a wide smile on his face.
- First sketch the heart on a piece of paper.
- Then fill in colours to create galaxy effects.
- You can use an old toothbrush and white paint to create a starry effect on the little heart.
Here’s what you need to remember: Use a small amount of water when mixing your paint in order to make it more saturated. Take a look at this video to check out how you can make this at home.
11. Grandpa’s Father Day card
Image courtesy: Kristenduke photography
Father’s Day is incomplete without wishing our grandpa right? So go ahead and print this questionnaire.
The card has some basic questions like “My grandpa always says….” “My grandpa likes to…” It is a delight to see how creative those little ones can get with the answers.
With the current heightened restrictions in place, you may not be able to celebrate this day as grandly as you would have imagined. But you can still make the most of it by bringing a smile to dad’s face with these cute, personable, and cool fathers day card ideas.
Here’s wishing all dads a very Happy Father’s Day!
Source: Good Housekeeping, The spruce crafts
Image credits: All images credited solely to owners.
10 Father’s Day Breakfast in Bed Recipes Dads Will Love
Best Places to Take Papa to For Father’s Day