Is your family’s future protected against critical illness? The insurance plan you should know about now
Being diagnosed with a critical illness can be emotionally and financially draining. With proper planning, you can focus on getting well. Part of it includes finding the right critical illness insurance plan.
Do you remember the first time you caught a glimpse of your little one? Many parents describe it as feelings of immense and unconditional love, and instant happiness.
All you wanted to do was to be there for them no matter what and to provide the best for them. While it is natural to protect your family from dangers in their immediate environment, you should also safeguard their future.
Overwhelmed by the demands of having a family with young children and old dependents, many people may neglect the importance of ensuring that they have adequate coverage to be financially stable and have peace of mind should a critical illness strike.
When critical illness strikes
Unfortunately, after a critical illness (CI) claim, many plans on the market will cease to provide coverage on their existing CI plan as they terminate upon claim.
This group of people is also denied new insurance coverage, as insurance companies are unwilling to accept them. Even if they do, their previous conditions will be excluded.
Patients diagnosed with CI may require long treatments, frequent checkups, follow-ups and tests. These medical costs could snowball over time, making it a financial burden even if one has an Integrated Shield Plan or MediShield Life Plan in place.
Rising critical illness incidences - What you need to know
- While more people in Singapore are diagnosed with cancer, the country's top cause of death, modern medical advancements have significantly improved the survival rates of those with this disease.
- Findings from a recently released study found that the rates of men who survived cancer increased 13.2% from 1973 to 1977 to 48.5% in 2008 to 2012.1
- In the same study, it also found that survival rates of women diagnosed with cancer also doubled from 28% to 57.1% during the same period.
Learn more about AIA Triple Critical Cover on the next page...
AIA Health Matters Survey 2016
In order to better understand Singaporean’s perceptions and concerns on critical illness, AIA Health Matters Survey 2016 was conducted by Nielsen in the first half of 2016.
According to the survey,
1. Singaporeans aged 30 to 55 years old are concerned about not having protection should another critical illness strike.
2. Average coverage amount is insufficient to cover loss of income and other relevant costs.
- 75% of those diagnosed with a CI stop working partially or fully, and almost 47% of them are sole breadwinners.
- Other than loss of income, people often neglect to take into account other costs like home mortgage, children’s education and other financial commitments when they are diagnosed with a CI.
3. Singaporeans seek protection for more CI conditions across different stages.
Why Choose AIA Triple Critical Cover (TCC)?
Therefore, the best way is to be prepared for the curveballs that life throws our way and focus on what truly matters – your recovery.
#FightItRight with AIA Singapore’s newly launched AIA Triple Critical Cover (TCC). Aimed at bridging the gaps in the current CI plans, this comprehensive plan is inspired by the relentless spirit of love that keeps families together.
It also supports customers to continue building a future for themselves and their families.
Key benefits of AIA TCC
- It offers comprehensive protection against CI through early, intermediate and late stages.
- With a ‘Power Reset’ feature, the CI coverage amount is restored to 100% of the coverage amount after 12 months from the previous claim.
- Multiple claims can be made for 104 CI conditions across all stages for up to 300% of coverage amount.2
- Covers 5 special conditions which pays an additional 20% of the coverage amount, up to $25,000 per condition.
- Guaranteed cash value for AIA Triple Critical Cover Life plan upon maturity (age 100) or when the plan is terminated at age 75, or after the 60th policy anniversary (whichever is earlier).
- Become an AIA Vitality member to enjoy 10% discount on premiums of their AIA TCC plan in the first year. They will also receive up to 15% discount on future years’ premiums.
Sign up Now!
Customers who sign up by 30 November 2016 stand a chance to enjoy wellness gifts like staycation, massagers and fitness tracker. Plus, you also stand a chance to win S$8,500 cash and over S$30,000 worth of prizes in AIA’s 85th Anniversary Lucky Draw.
*Information is accurate as of September 2016. Product information is subject to change.