4-year-old's skin got ripped off because of super glue prank
Kaya Langmead, 4, was left with rashes and sores on her legs and buttocks after an unfortunate incident happened at a McDonald's bathroom.
Most people would agree that some pranks can be funny. However, some pranks take it way too far. Case in point, putting super glue on a toilet seat? That’s definitely taking it too far.
They found superglue smeared on the seat
Kaya Langmead, 4, was left with rashes and sores on her legs and buttocks after an unfortunate incident happened at a McDonald’s bathroom.
Kaya asked her mother, Nicole, if she could use the bathroom like a big girl, she agreed and they went to the bathroom. Nicole shares that they waited outside for a long time and almost gave up, when a pair of teenage girls came out laughing.
Nicole shares, “They were probably in their early teens. I didn’t think too much of it and Kaya went into the toilet. A short while later she came out in tears and told me that she had become stuck to the seat.”
She adds that Kaya’s skin got “ripped off” because of what happened.
McDonald’s staff immediately checked the CCTV footage and called the police regarding the incident. They also gave Kaya a balloon to try and cheer her up.
The teens have apologized for the prank
Following the investigation, the two teenagers have come out and apologized for what happened.
According to a police spokesperson, “The two girls immediately accepted what they had done, were sorry and have apologised to the victim’s mother for the upset caused to her and her daughter. We have subsequently taken appropriate action against the offenders.”
Nicole shares, “Kaya is very forgiving and fortunately seems to be coping well. But I hope they realise the consequences of their actions.”
Thankfully, Kaya has suffered no long-term injuries after the incident.
Go to the next page to learn more about safety at home!
Safety tips when using super glue
Super glue is great to have at home. It lets you easily patch up anything broken at home quickly and conveniently. However, it’s very important to know how to handle it safely. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Make sure to read the instructions on how to use the super glue. It’s also important to pick the right type of glue for the task that you need since different types of glue react differently to certain materials.
- When using super glue, it’s best to do it in a well-ventilated area since the fumes can be harmful to your health, especially if you have asthma or respiratory concerns.
- Open the container carefully. Don’t be too forceful when opening super glue as you might squeeze it too hard, causing the glue to spurt out. Super glue can irritate the skin, so you should always be careful when using it.
- If possible, wear gloves when working with super glue. That way, if any glue spills, your hands are protected and you’ll avoid getting your fingers stuck.
- After using super glue, make sure to close the lid tightly. Not only will it help keep your glue lasting longer, but closing it tightly helps prevent spillage.
- If super glue gets on your skin, never try to force the skin apart. You can use acetone and slowly and gently peel back the skin that got stuck. If there’s no acetone, you can also use warm water and soap.
- Avoid using super glue near cotton or wool items. The chemicals in super glue react quickly with wool or cotton and the resulting chemical reaction might start a fire. That’s why you should also avoid wearing wool or cotton clothing when working with super glue.
Be sure to check out theAsianparent Community for more insightful stories, questions, and answers from parents and experts alike. If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them in our Comment box below. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ to stay up-to-date on the latest from sg.theAsianparent.com!!